Terms & Conditions
- By submitting a video entry to the Intex 2018 Ambassador programme on Facebook (“competition”), you agree to accept and be bound by:
- these terms and conditions;
- the terms and conditions of use of Facebook; and
- any amended or further terms and conditions that are adopted by Intex in its sole and absolute discretion.
Together, “Terms and Conditions”.
- The competition is open to any professional drywaller over the age of 18 (as at 1 March 2018) who lives and works in New Zealand and is not an Intex employee, or related through family, friendship, or any other relationship, to any Intex New Zealand employee.
- Entries are open through the posting of an entry video on Facebook which fits the requirements described below.
- Entries can be submitted between 1 March 2018 and 12 April 2018. No entries will be accepted outside of this period.
- The prize is conditional upon:
- the winner living and working as a professional drywaller in New Zealand; and
- the winner satisfying the judging panel that he/she will not cause reputational damage to Intex; and
- the winner agreeing to the promotional requirements stipulated in the Terms and Conditions.
- Each entrant that uploads a video to Facebook which meets the requirements below will have their entry considered by a judging panel appointed by Intex.
- To enter the competition, entrants must:
- Film a video of themselves (or have someone else film it) which:
- is in landscape (widescreen) mode, not portrait; and
- is between 30 and 60 seconds in duration; and
- features the entrant introducing themselves and explaining why they want to be the Intex Ambassador; and
- can, but does not need to, include other footage relevant (such as of the entrant at work) to the competition.
- Upload the video in a public post to their Facebook page with a post message which includes:
- a statement that the entrant is applying to be the Intex Ambassador; and
- the Intex Facebook page tagged in; and
- the hashtag #intexambassador.
- Email email@example.com, once the entry video has been uploaded, to inform Intex (“entry email”):
- that the entrant has read, understood and agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions; and
- of the entrant’s daytime contact number and contact email address.
- Film a video of themselves (or have someone else film it) which:
- All entries are deemed to have been received at the time the entry email enters Intex’s information system.
- Intex is not liable or responsible for any late, lost, incomplete, discredited, inaudible, indiscernible, damaged, misdirected or incorrectly entered entries, or any technical, system or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Intex’s control), delay or loss of data that may result in the failure or delay of the entry into the competition.
- Intex reserves the right, at any time (including at any time after the winner is announced), to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant (or remove, modify, edit or delete any entry video) who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
- Each person is eligible to enter only once.
- The judging panel will consist of drywalling and marketing industry professionals and will be appointed by Intex in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Intex will take reasonable steps to ensure the impartiality of the panel but takes no responsibility for any potential conflicts of interest which may arise between any member of the panel and any entrant.
- Judges will decide on a shortlist of candidates by May 2018. Shortlisted entrants will be contacted and asked to meet with judges — either in person or by video conference — between April 2018 and June 2018.
- Following the shortlisting process, one entrant will be chosen by the panel in its sole and absolute discretion to become the first ever Intex Ambassador. The winner will be named on Intex’s Facebook page and website no later than June l 2018.
- The panel’s decision will be final and not open to challenge. No correspondence will be entered into in relation to the panel’s decision.
- The prize, or any part of the prize, cannot be redeemed, transferred or exchanged for cash, bill credits or otherwise. Any out of pocket expenses incurred by the winner will not be refundable.
- In the event that the prize (or any part of the prize) becomes unavailable for reasons beyond Intex's control, Intex may substitute the prize (or part of the prize) for a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification at Intex's sole and absolute discretion.
- If the prize is to be delivered, it must be delivered to an address in New Zealand.
- The chosen ambassador will be given the option to have part of the prize go towards reimbursing any Intex product he or she purchased between 1 March 2018 and when the winner is announced, provided the tools to be reimbursed are part of the prize kit.
- The prize will be forfeited if the winner:
- cannot be contacted or does not respond within 5 working days of the winner being named (Intex will make a reasonable attempt to contact the winner through any contact details provided by the winner but assumes no responsibility if the winner is unable to be contacted, does not respond or where any message is undeliverable for any reason);
- cannot be verified;
- refuses to sign any legal documentation as reasonably required by Intex;
- is found to have breached any of the Terms and Conditions; or
- cannot participate in the prize and required promotional requirements for any reason.
- If the prize is forfeited, Intex may choose a new winner. Intex reserves the right to continue to follow the process outlined above until a winner is selected, contacted and accepts the prize.
- No financial or other consideration will be awarded to the forfeiter(s).
- The chosen ambassador will be given, at no charge, 79 Intex tools with a total retail value of more than $18,000 including GST. The tools are:
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Putty Knife 32mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Putty Knife 51mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Scraper 76mm spld||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Joint Knife 102mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Joint Knife 127mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Joint Knife 152mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Joint Knife 254mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip Putty Knife wth Hammer Hd 32mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip Putty Knife wth Hammer Hd 51mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Scraper Hamm Hd 76mm splay||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Jt Knife Hammer Hd 102mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Jt Knife Hammer Hd 127mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Jt Knife Hammer Hd 152mm||1|
|PLASTERX MegaGrip Hawk with Cushion Hdl 300mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip Trowel S/S Flat 280mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip Trowel Flat 355mm||1|
|PLASTERX Chalk Reel Chalk & Level Kit||1|
|PLASTERX Corner Tool Internal Taping - Mega Grip||1|
|PLASTERX Corner Tool - MegaGrip Handle||1|
|PLASTERX Versa Trowel Adj Corner Tool||1|
|INTEX Floor Scraper 350mm Steel Hdl||1|
|PLASTERX 20oz. Nylon Grip Claw Hammer||1|
|PLASTERX Turbo Knife with bonus 5 blades||1|
|PLASTERX Snap Blade Mega Knife 25mm||1|
|PLASTERX Snap off Blades 25mm x 10||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Pro Level 1200mm||1|
|PLASTERX Dual Mitre Box Cuts 90 + 135||1|
|PLASTERX Hand Sander Quick Change Large||1|
|PLASTERX Rip Saw Mega Grip Handle 380mm||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Saw MegaGrip Handle||1|
|PLASTERX Plastic Panel Carry||1|
|PLASTERX Forged Small Tool 12mm (1/2)||1|
|PLASTERX Forged Small Tool 19mm (3/4in)||1|
|PLASTERX Forged Small Tool 25mm (1)||1|
|PLASTERX Alum Calib T Square 1350mm HD - Red||1|
|PLASTERX Paper Tape Dispenser - Metal||1|
|PLASTERX Rubber Back Tape Measure 10m||1|
|PLASTERX Mega Grip S/S Taping Knife 200||1|
|INTEX Heritage Trowel Golden SS Cork Hdl 280mm||1|
|INTEX Heritage Trowel SS Cork Hdl 305mm||1|
|INTEX Drywall Skimmer 600mm||1|
|INTEX Drywall Skimmer Telescopic Handle||1|
|INTEX ATT 200mm (8 inch) Auto Finishing Box||1|
|INTEX ATT 250mm (10 inch) Auto Finishing Box||1|
|INTEX ATT 300mm (12 inch) Auto Finishing Box||1|
|INTEX ATT Finishing Box HydraExtendable Handle||1|
|INTEX ATT Finishing Box Closet Troll Handle||1|
|INTEX ATT Loading Pump - TallMudda||1|
|INTEX ATT Box Filler Nozzle||1|
|INTEX ATT Gooseneck Attachment (Tall Mudda)||1|
|INTEX ATT Internal Corner Roller||1|
|INTEX ATT One Handle - Universal||1|
|INTEX Ball Joint Adapter For TIX400 to Finisher/Flusher||1|
|INTEX ATT Corner Box||1|
|INTEX ATT Corner Finisher 55mm (2 inch)||1|
|INTEX ATT Corner Finisher 75mm (3 inch)||1|
|INTEX ATT Corner Finisher 90mm (3.5 inch)||1|
|INTEX ATT Corner Finisher/Flusher Handle - 1220mm||1|
|INTEX 42in Compound Tube||1|
|INTEX 2 Wheel Internal Corner Applicator||1|
|INTEX External 90deg Applicator||1|
|INTEX GIRAFFE Sander||1|
|INTEX GIRAFFE Carry Bag||1|
|STARMIX uClean Dust Extractor Wet/Dry S/S Canister 35L||1|
|PORTAMIX Hand Mixer with 140mm paddle||1|
|PORTAMIX Paddle M14 140mm Steep Tri Blade||1|
|PLASTERX 30m Extension Lead 15A||1|
|INTEX 20W Battery LED Light||1|
|INTEX 10W Battery LED Light||1|
|INTEX Hi-Stride Stilts Aluminium - Medium 450-750mm||1|
|PLASTERX MegaJack 1150 - 2900MM||1|
|ZIPPOLE Spring Loaded Pole 1.4 - 3.2m - 4 Pack Kit||1|
|PLASTERX SparkPerf Paper Joint Tape 76M||40|
|PLASTERX Aluminium Repair Patch 150mm x 150mm||10|
|INTEX USEIT Yellow Super Pad 225mm - 220 Grit - 5PK||1|
|INTEX USEIT Yellow Super Pad 225mm - 180 Grit - 5PK||1|
|INTEX USEIT Yellow Super Pad 225mm - 150 Grit - 5PK||1|
|STARMIX Fleece Dust Bag 25 - 35L 5pk||1|
|INTEX USEIT Yellow Super Pad 225mm - 220 Grit - 25PK||1|
- The winner will be responsible for arranging any insurance required in relation to the prize.
Marketing and Promotion
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable promotional requests relating to the prize without compensation, including but not limited to being:
- Interviewed, photographed, and/or filmed by Intex or external organisations, such as news media; and
- engaged to speak or be present at public events such as trade shows and in-store product demonstrations; and
- required to have the winner’s business vehicle(s) branded with Intex logos, at Intex’s expense.
- Intex may use the winner's name and any promotional material for any marketing and promotional purposes. All marketing and promotional material (which includes the entry video), including all intellectual property rights in such material, are and will remain the property of Intex in perpetuity and the winner provides Intex with a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free and transferable license to use and reproduce any photographs, images, videos, media coverage or other promotional material relating to their win.
- Intex makes no representation as to the prize's fitness for purpose, safety or other conditions.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Intex (including any associated or related companies and its officers, employees, agents, insurers, and judging panel) assumes no responsibility for, and excludes all liability howsoever arising, whether in contract, under the Terms and Conditions (including in connection with this competition, with winning or benefiting from the prize, or any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Intex’s control)), in tort (including negligence), equity, or otherwise, for any claims, losses (including loss of opportunity, loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of contract, increased costs of working, or loss of production), business interruption, damages, injuries, costs and/or expenses, personal injury or death, whether direct, indirect, economic, special or consequential or otherwise, suffered, sustained or incurred as a result of, or arising in any way out of, or in any way connected with, the competition or the prize.
- All decisions of Intex in relation to the competition are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Intex may change the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. The terms and conditions that apply to you are those that are in effect at the time the entry email is received by Intex’s information system.
- Intex’s decision not to rely on, or enforce, any of the Terms and Conditions, whether generally on in relation to an entrant or entrants, does not constitute a waiver of that term or condition, or of the Terms and Conditions, generally.
- If for any reason any aspect of the competition is not capable of running as planned, Intex reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, at any time without prior notice.
- By entering into the competition you confirm that you accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions, which (for clarity and as defined) include Facebook’s terms and conditions of use, and any other applicable terms and conditions.
- The competition is open only to professional drywallers who commit to staying active in the profession for a minimum period of 12 months from 1 July 2018.
- Intex reserves the right to claim a return of all or part of the prize tools (in its sole and absolute discretion), and seek additional compensation, if the chosen ambassador during the 12 month period commencing on 1 July 2018:
- ceases to be a professional drywaller through a decision of his or her own doing (i.e. excluding death, injury, or redundancy); or
- uses language, clothing, images, or actions that could, in Intex’s sole and absolute discretion, negatively impact on the goodwill or reputation of Intex.
- If Intex considers in its sole and absolute discretion that any entrant has (whether in the entry video or otherwise arising out of, or in connection with, the prize or this competition) used any:
- offensive, derogatory or threatening language, clothing, images or actions;
- language, clothing, images, or actions that could negatively impact on the goodwill or reputation of Intex; and/or
- threatening language or conduct towards Intex or any other entrant;
- This competition is being run by S.J Salisbury & R.L Salisbury ATF Intex Group Trust & M.A Suckling (in Partnership) INTEX Group.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to Intex and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.